Have you wandered how you can start programming as a beginner? Programming is not the best medicine for most IT forks. As a technology enthusiast like me, I will choose other things other than programming. But for a programmer it comes with many benefits, working from home for example, flexible time, more benefits like pay. There is more to programming and the best way to start as a beginner is to start a frontend web developer.
- Have a willing mindset. For one to succeed and be on the game of programming, have a willing mindset to learn. Start from somewhere at the bottom and work your way up. Within no time you start grasping the content. Programming is all about thinking, if you can figure out a problem put down in code and you will be surprise with the solution you will get.
- Write more code. The best part of any programming is to build muscle memory and to do that is to start writing code and more code, this way your memory will start storing things easily. Take it like a small child who is starting to walk, you will practice and practice until you get it. In programming always make Google as your friend. You will find turn of information as you move forward.
- Contribute to open-source projects. Any budding programmers love to contribute to open source communities. This way you will teach and outsource your knowledge. You will be in a position to contribute, this way you will build not only a community but also your potential employer might be in the community.
What I have learned alot from programming is to know the tips and tricks in order to help you avoid taking much time. For HTML the best thing to know is to have some small tricks to help you avoid writing too much and repetitive code. As a begginer, its best to learn the hard way first but if you are like me I prefer some precise shortcuts.
HTML things to master.
- How to create your first HTML skeleton. The best text editor to use here is visual studio code. When you opened your Vscode as it is called, first create a project and create mostly one index.html, style.css and main.js file. This are the basics but as the project grows you can add more. To start working on html hit on shift 1 and press tab, this way it will prefill your editor with some skeleton html files. Use it to your advantage.
- Create a navbar. To create a navbar type nav.navbar. It will create something like this:
- Create a div container. To create a div container type navbar__container(double underscore). You will get this:
- Create href links with id type a#navbar__logo for example when you want to create a link for the logo.
<a href="#logo" id="navbar__logo">Code</a>
- To create buttons, a.button#signup if you want to create a signup button.
<a href="#signup" class="button" id="signup">Sign Up</a>
- If you want a navbar menu, ul.navbar__menu
- And for list items li.navbar__item